The Outreach Committee promotes Orthodox Christianity within our parish community as well as to those who live across Long Island, by meeting social, physical and spiritual needs, and engaging with acts of charity.
The committee makes available resources for the congregation and visitors. It also disseminates information regarding parish events and activities, scripture, and spiritual matters. Responsibilities include the Sunday Greeters, community outreach, the parish library, and publishing book reviews.
In addition to conserving energy, recycling paper, metal and glass on a household level, Holy Trinity Church encourages its members and friends to expand their contribution to preserving the earth.
This year's CROP walk will take place on Saturday, October 15 at 10 am in Eisenhower Park.
For more information, click here.
- Soup sales to fund the purchase of lounge
chairs for the SS Cosmas and Damian Adult
Home, Staten Island, NY.
- Organize donations to support the work of
the Orthodox Christian Mission Center (OCMC),
St. Augustine, FL
- Routine assembly of hygiene kits which are
distributed around the world after disasters,
including victims in Haiti and Japan.
- Organize the creation of Easter baskets in
cooperation with the Church School for
- Host a luncheon for homebound parishioners
on Bright Tuesday after the Divine Liturgy
- Assemble blankets for children in Kenya as
part of the Vacation Bible School.
- Host participants of the regional “YES”
(Youth Equipped to Serve) weekend event
at Emmaus House in Manhattan, serving
- Organize a CROP Hunger Walk for Church
World Service at Eisenhower Park,
East Meadow, NY